WEBINAR: Sex-Ed in Schools | Why Be Concerned? How to Respond
October 1 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE) is a highly controversial, “rights-based” approach to sex education that encompasses a great deal more than just teaching children and youth about sexual intercourse and human reproduction. Developed primarily in the U.S., CSE is now be implemented in most countries around the world, and here in Ontario, Canada.
The Ontario Government just released the 2019 sex-ed curriculum, which is based on CSE and incorporates all of the concerns of the previous curriculum. However, the Ministry of Education is allowing parents and students to opt-out of offensive content.
This seminar covers:
- Report on the new 2019 Ontario Curriculum
- What is Comprehensive Sex Education
- Why CSE is controversial/offensive for people of faith (and many others)
- Sexual Risk Avoidance/SRA – a new abstinence approach that is gaining momentum
- Tools to effectively communicate the learning needs of your child and opt-out now
- A strategy to get SRA programming into schools
- Ensuring your child/youth gets accurate instruction about sexuality
And Much More!!!
Co-hosted by: Mirtha Coronel & Phil Lees (SRAS, founder of PEACE)