All descriptions below are taken from the God’s Design for Sex series.
Book 1: The Story of Me (Ages 3 – 5)
It’s never too young to begin giving your child a practical understanding of his or her unique, beautiful body and why God Designed it to be exactly the way it is. The Story of Me is the first book in the God’s Design for Sex series, written to be read to children ages 3 – 5. With candid, age-appropriate language and realistic illustrations.
The Story of Me explains:
• God’s love and the goodness of all He has made
• The nurturing family as God’s context for love
• Why God wants each baby to have both a mommy and daddy
• The specialness of being made a boy or girl
• Proper names for private body parts
Book 2: Before I was Born (ages 5 – 8)
Before I was Born is the second book in the God’s Desing for Sex series, written to be read with children ages 5 – 8. With age appropriate, straightforward text and informative illustrations. Before I was Born explains sex as a special gift God gives to a husband and wife and covers such topics as:
• Why God made boys and girls bodies different
• God’s plan for loving marriages and families
• The basic facts about intercourse, presented in the context of marital love and intimacy
• Conception and fetal development
• Childbirth and breastfeeding
Created to answer the questions asked by young children, Before I was Born will help you give your child a vital head start in understanding God’s intended purpose for procreation and sex.
Book 3: What’s the Big Deal? (Ages 8 – 11)
You know what sex is. You have heard other kids talking about it, and maybe you have hear it talked about on TV and Internet. But TV doesn’t tell you everything and you probably will have some questions. That’s great because What’s the Big Deal? was written to help kids like you, ages 8 to 11, find the answers you need.
This book explains the basic facts about sex and related issues such as:
• Why God made adults so they want to have sex
• Why God designed sex to be shared only within marriage
• What God actually says in the Bible abut sex
• The amazing changes ahead of you during puberty
• How to respond when you feel sexual pressure from friends, TV shows, movies, and magazines
Parents can read this book with you or discuss it with you as you read it on your own. They’ll answer any leftover questions you might have and help you to understand what a beautiful and exciting gift from God your sexuality is meant to be.
Book 4: Facing the Facts (Ages 11 – 14)
More changes occur in your body and brain during puberty than during any other time in your life. Puberty marks the beginning of big changes in your relationships with your parents and with the opposite sex. It’s a wonderful and exhilarating time because you’re finally becoming an adult, but it can be a stressful and overwhelming time, too. If you don’t understand what’s happening to you, or why, ages 11 – 14 can be downright scary.
Facing the Facts was written to give you all of the information you need to understand exactly what is happening to your body during the years ahead and why God planned it to happen just that way.
You will learn about:
• The role of puberty in the development of sexuality
• How girls and boys bodies change, both inside and out
• Exactly how a woman gets pregnant and gives birth
• Why God wants you to save sex for marriage
• Love, dating, and how relationships mature
• Tough answers to some tough questions
Your body and its sexual nature are beautiful and exciting gifts from God that he wants you to understand and appreciate. Reading Facing the Facts and talking about it with your parents will help you be ready for the coming physical changes, equip you to handle the sexual pressures you’ll encounter throughout your life, and give you a better understanding of God’s perfect design for sex.